Saturday, July 14, 2007

Square & Wish #48 - Palo, Iowa


I received my 3rd squish from my Peppermint Pearls swap group. It is such an adorable piece of fabric.

Kathy's wish was also very touching because it came from my favorite childhood book.

Excerpt from Charlotte's Web
Written by E.B. White

"Why did you do all this for me?" he asked. "I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you."
"You have been my friend," replied Charlotte.
"That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what's a life, anyway? We're born, we live a little while, we die. A spider's life can't help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone's life can stand a little of that."

I wish for you a friend in life as true and dear as Charlotte was to Wilbur. I also wish that you will enjoy reading many wonderful books including Charlotte's Web.

No comments: